Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's Too Hot

Record highs, here in Seattle. It's too hot and sticky for me to even think about making soap. Anything that involves heat or even moving around too much. I'm planted in front of my fan until that mean, mean sun decides to go away! >:(

Thankfully, a nice cold bath is just the trick in this summer heat, and I keep a decent stock of Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey soaps to soothe my tired muscles. And the scent is so calming and therapeutic!

I've recently obtained some dendritic salt to mix with my epsom salt recipes, and I wonder about making aromatherapy bath salts... the Japanese make an interesting menthol/lemon combo I'd like to try to formulate. I have menthol and lemon extracts - I should test it out and see just how "cooling" this formulation is!

No comments:

Post a Comment